Best of the Northwest
Every October for the past five years we’ve felt some serious Bellingham love. This year was no different. Bellingham Alive just announced the winners of their Best of the Northwest contest. Chuckanut Builders won the best builder category. But the B’ham love goes far beyond that. So many local business that we love and frequent were also recognized. This is a perfect opportunity to give a shout out to those businesses that make Bellingham such a great place to call home.
- Two of our favorite interior designers were recognized for the interior design category: Jennifer Ryan Design and Spiral Design.
- Hardware Sales won best hardware store and man is it ever! I’ll let y’all in on a little known fact: Hardware Sales is one of the reasons Ian and I moved back to Bellingham in 2008. We clearly think it’s the best hardware store around and that they deserve the gold.
- The folks at Haven Design Workshop won silver in the best architect category. We’ve worked with Sean Hegstad throughout the years and think Haven totally deserves the award.
- Pure Bliss was awarded best bakery. We have a soft spot for Pure Bliss, but how could we not?
- 3 Oms Yoga was recognized in the best yoga/pilates studio category. We recently spent a lot of time with the amazing folks at 3 Oms, while we remodel their new space, so we’re super excited for them.
- Crossfit X took the bronze in the best fitness center category. A few of us go to Crossfit X and can’t imagine a better place to train and build community.
- Samuel’s Furniture took home the gold for the best place to buy furniture. I’m continually impressed by their support of, and involvement in, our community. Ian is also on the Sustainable Connections Board of Directors with Elie Samuel, the owner of Samuel’s Furniture.
Thanks again to everyone that voted for us in the Best of the Northwest contest and congrats to all of the other small, locally owned businesses that won!