Benefits of PaperStone countertops
- Healthy. PaperStone is Greenguard certified. This means it is free of formaldehyde, it is petroleum-free and there is no toxic off-gassing like many conventional solid-surface products.
- Environmentally friendly. The paper content is largely recycled or comes from FSC-certified, sustainably harvested forests.
- Durable work surface. This material is harder than wood but more forgiving than stone. It is stain and nick resistant as well. Perfectionists take note, the material will develop a patina over time.
- Easy to clean. Paperstone is impervious to water and won’t harbour bacteria.
- Appropriate for many uses. This material can be used indoors or outdoors for a variety of uses. A few examples include: countertops, window sills, cabinets, table tops, wall cladding and fireplace surrounds.
- Custom. PaperStone is easy to work with and can be fabricated in the field by building professionals.
When to use quartz or granite
- Heat. PaperStone is heat resistant to 350 degrees so hot pads or trivets should be used to avoid burning the surface. That said, surface nicks, scratches, and scorch marks can be sanded out. If you need a countertop material that can withstand high heats consider both quartz or granite.
- Colors. The color palette of Paperstone is quite limited. Our favorite is slate but the new denim color is also amazing. If you’re interested in more variety look into quartz and granite, they both come in many tones, patterns and colors.
- Patina. The material requires some regular maintenance, but not much, and the patina increases over time. If you’re looking for a more stable color quartz or granite could be a good bet.
- Sunnyland remodel. Custom built desk, bookshelves and bathroom vanity.
- Birthroot Birth Center . Countertops throughout the building.
- 3 Oms Yoga studio. The reception desk and bathroom vanities.
- Modern remodel on South Hill. His and hers’ bathroom sink countertops.
As you can see this material is a versatile, beautiful material. Locally, check with Stone Pros and Color Pot for installtion. Learn more about it here!