Chuckanut Builders is a Bellingham-based general contractor that specializes in custom, high performance residential and commercial building projects within Bellingham’s core neighborhoods.
We are part of the growing network of Bellingham businesses that embrace the triple bottom line and believe that work should be fun. Since founding our business, we have strived to bring together a crew that is committed to sustainable building and who enjoy the challenge of helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint. Our hope is that our crew looks forward to coming to work (at least most days!) and that our employees can grow professionally within the business.
Weekends and vacations often find us in the mountains, on the water, and spending time with family and friends. Our excitement for these endeavors carries over into our professional lives and the work environment we have created together…and we’re looking for an individual who wants to join in this work with us.
Office Manager is the center of daily office operations and is involved in nearly aspect of Chuckanut Builders. This ranges from day-to-day bookkeeping, payroll, and financial administration tasks to assisting with human resources and special projects to choosing awesome records to play on Whole Album Wednesdays!
The Office Manager will assist the General Manager with risk management, financial reporting, insurance compliance and more. This employee regularly interacts with Chuckanut Builders’ crew, clients, and trade contractors both on the phone and in person.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, self-start and work independently
- Enjoys problem solving and troubleshooting
- Clear, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Good conversationalist, green thumb, and coffee connoisseur
- Tech skills: Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- 25-36 hours/week, between 7am-5pm, M-Th
- Flexible schedule
- Pay is hourly based on experience
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package
Email us your cover letter and resume with “Office Manager” in the subject line. Interviews begin September 20, 2021 and the position will remain open until filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration. Chuckanut Builders is committed to creating an environment where a diverse crew of folks can show up and do their best work every day.