Chuckanut Builders is a Bellingham-based general contractor that specializes in custom, high performance residential and commercial building projects within Bellingham’s core neighborhoods.
We are part of the growing network of Bellingham businesses that embrace the triple bottom line and believe that work should be fun and rewarding. Since founding our business, we have developed a crew who is committed to sustainable building and enjoys the challenge of helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint. Our hope is that our crew looks forward to coming to work (at least most days!) and that our employees can grow professionally within the business.
Weekends and vacations often find us in the mountains, on the water, and spending time with family and friends. Our excitement for these endeavors carries over into our professional lives and the work environment we have created together…and we’re looking for an individual who wants to join in this work with us.
Chuckanut Builders performs work on high end residential remodels and new construction projects, with an emphasis on high-performance building details and sustainable materials.
We also regularly remodel boutique commercial projects, including coffee shops, bars and restaurants.
- 3+ years experience in new construction and remodeling.
- Experience with (or interest in) high-performance buildings and building techniques.
- Comfortable communicating professionally and respectfully with clients, co-workers and trade contractors.
- Able to field subcontractor and client questions when the lead isn’t on site.
- Experience managing email and an online calendar.
- Full time: 36 hours per week
- Carpenter: $20-30 hr/DOE
- Robust benefits package
Send us a cover letter and resume with “Carpenter” in the subject line. Interviews will start in July 2022.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration. Chuckanut Builders is committed to creating an environment where a diverse crew of folks can show up and do their best work every day.