Calling all carpenters
Chuckanut Builders is a Bellingham-based general contractor that specializes in custom, high performance projects. The majority of our projects are major residential remodels within Bellingham’s core neighborhoods, tenant improvement projects and custom green homes. We use an integrated design process and incorporate green building techniques and sustainable materials on all of our projects.
We are part of the growing network of Bellingham businesses that embrace the triple bottom line and believe that work should be fun. We’ve worked hard since founding our business to bring together a crew that is committed to sustainable building and who enjoy the challenge of helping our clients reduce their carbon footprint. Our hope is that our crew looks forward to coming to work (at least most days!) and that our employees have the opportunity to grow professionally within the business. Weekends and vacations often find our crew in the mountains, on the water, and spending time with family and friends. Our excitement for these endeavors carries over into our professional lives and the work environment we have created together…and we’re looking for an individual who wants to join in this work with us.
- Craftsmanship: Experience in new construction and remodeling.
- Communication skills: Our carpenters are the face of our company. Must be comfortable talking to clients using email communications professionally.
- Tech savvy: Be able to manage an online calendar and respond to email.
- Organization: We expect a tidy jobsite, accurate record keeping and timely communication.
- Able to field subcontractor and client questions when the project manager isn’t onsite.
- We are looking for an individual that shares our interest in high performance buildings and are happy to train the right person if they have an interest in the field.
A few key details
- The position is full time, year round.
- We are working hard to add some diversity to our crew and (enthusiastically) welcome women and members of minority groups to apply.
- Pay is commensurate with experience and includes benefits (health insurance and PTO).
- Please send a letter of interest and resume to jenny(at)chuckanutbuilders.com with “Carpenter” in the subject line.