3 Oms Yoga Studio
Amy Robison, the owner of 3 Oms Yoga Studio, contacted us in the summer of 2015. Amy was looking for a building to purchase and our initial role was to act as a consultant. In this role we looked at design feasibility, buildability and the cost of remodeling for various builds she toured. Eventually she found the old Nordstroms space on Cornwall. It was clear immediately that she’d found the perfect spot.
The new 3 Oms space on Cornwall has had many uses. The space was most recently used as a call center, housing a number of super small office spaces and space for rows and rows of desks! Step one was to remove the office spaces. Step two was building out two large yoga studios, a reception area, and lounge area. In addition we built a lounge area, added two bathrooms, two massage studios (which will be used by Verita Massage) and locker room.
- The reception desk was designed and built by Arthur Johnson of Art Works Construction, out of reclaimed fir, Paperstone and reclaimed bowling alley slabs.
- Armadillo Design Lab was the building designer for this project.
- Erik and Brandon at Ashley Vance Engineering did some tricky problem solving to build the lounge area.
- Robbins Hardwoods refinished the existing white oak floors.
- We incorporated the beautiful, existing stained glass windows into the design plan.
- We installed marmoleum flooring in the bathrooms and locker room area. Marmoleum is a natural linoleum material that is bio-based, highly durable, non-toxic and anti microbial.
- Cork flooring was used in the massage studios. It’s non-toxic, moisture resistant, thermally insulating and is made from renewable sources.
Chuckanut Builders remodeled my yoga studio, 3 Oms Yoga Studio, beautifully and finished on time and on budget! I loved working with this team so much, I’m going to have them remodel my house next. Excellent communication, high quality work and eco-conscious.” – Amy, 3 Oms Studio Owner
Looking for a contractor for your tenant improvement project?