Broadway Park Kitchen Remodel
Bellingham has a plethora of beautiful craftsman style homes and we love working on them. The clients for this project were interested in maintaining the historic character of their home, while also increasing the functionality of the kitchen.
The first step in any project is planning. On this project, part of that process included researching historic hardware details and techniques for restoring double hung windows!
A few fun design details:
- The cherry cabinets are shaker style with inset drawer fronts, which make the historic character of the home.
- The floor is slate tile, which is very durable and low maintenance. Both important features for our clients!
- The bench is both beautiful and super functional. It provides ample storage for dog food and treats, and it’s the perfect spot to enjoy a morning cup of coffee and watch sunrise!
- The double hung windows got a complete overall. We removed the lead paint, rebuilt the top sash and re-hung the windows. These old windows are totally underappreciated these days. They provide convection cooling, which is super effective in our climate.
- The countertops are a mix of soapstone and maple.