Perhaps it’s a sign of changing times and priorities. When our clients bought this beautiful home the main floor was divided into small rooms, the kitchen was on the street side of the home and the potential for awesome views wasn’t fully realized. We set out to change that.
Broadly speaking, we relocated the kitchen to the view side of the house and opened up the main floor, creating a natural flow between the kitchen, living, and dining rooms.
Additionally, the home only had one bathroom, which was upstairs! In a creative re-use of space we decided to tuck a powder room under the stairs. It was the perfect solution.
- The custom cabinets are by Renew Woods. Jeffery Elkins, the owner of Renew Woods, also built the range hood. It’s beautiful, which I’ve never said about a range hood before!
- The cabinet color is SeaStar by Benjamin Moore.
- Our clients chose quartzite countertops. Quartzite is an extremely durable and hard natural stone.
- Oak floors were installed throughout the house.
- Those are the original kitchen windows! They were restored by Crosby Glass Studios. The windows help maintain the historic nature of the house and are so charming.
“Let’s be honest: a long term, big ass remodel is a big deal that requires the best from everyone. And Forest, Ian, Chris, Adam and Ian, as well as the rest of their team, were part of our family, our day to day rhythm and figuring out the details of our well organized project. If you’re a diva, they’d figure out how to work with you successfully. But seriously, don’t be a diva. A big remodel or build is a privilege, not a right, so don’t be a bonehead. These are people who knock themselves out to make things right. If you’re a human who’s doing their best, they’ll work well with you too. Clear, concise, honest boundaries, and uncompromising quality, we think the world of this company. (And they’re good people).” – Kitchen remodeling client
Dreaming of remodeling your kitchen?